My name is Laura and I am an aspiring writer and book editor. I have a Master of Publishing and Communications, and a Bachelor of Arts with a major in English and Theatre Studies, from the University of Melbourne, in Australia.
This blog is dedicated to (mainly) queer fiction, but I’m an eclectic reader, and will read anything that interests me.
I like to collect mugs, and I day dream about my own books and characters far too much. I once read The Da Vinci Code in four Health classes in high school, which is my greatest achievement to date.
My star rating system can be found in detail here, but all of my reviews include an analysis on the plot, characters, and writing style.
I am not currently accepting requests for book reviews. I apologise for this, but I have just started full-time work as well as taking on volunteer work.
My favourite books:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Captive Prince series by C.S. Pacat
- The Binding by Bridget Collins
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
- Strange the Dreamer duology by Laini Taylor
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- The Persian Boy by Mary Renault
- In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan
- If Not, Winter: Fragments of Sappho by Sappho, translated by Anne Carson
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- Tales From Verania series by TJ Klune
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Follow me on: