So. July is done. Time is just gonna keep going hey? And now we’re officially in the second half of 2021? Get lost, I’m over this.
Anyway, this month I rediscovered my love of reading and I think it’s safe to say my semi-reading slump is gone! I also rewatched a heap of Marvel films after finishing the Disney+ Marvel TV shows, which are incredible. I rewatched movies that I haven’t watched since they first came out in the cinemas, and I really enjoyed this experience.
9 reads: 4 books, 2 audiobooks, 2 graphic novels, 1 novella
Book of the month
I didn’t know what to expect by The Darkness Outside Us but those expectations were met and exceeded. I thoroughly enjoyed this book so much. It went to a completely different direction than I was anticipating, but I ended up loving it. This book is part thriller, part mystery, part romance. And at it’s core, it’s a story of soul mates on a horrific adventure that they had no say in. I highly recommend The Darkness Outside Us! I’m still thinking about it, weeks later.
- ARC Review: Role Model by Rachel Reid
- ARC Review: She Who Became the Sun by Shelley Parker-Chan
- ARC Review: The Hate Project by Kris Ripper
I rewatched a crap ton of Marvel movies this month. I’m not going to go into detail on all of them, but I’ll just rate them below
- Antman — 5 stars
- Antman and the Wasp — 4.5 stars
- Dr Strange — 4.5 stars
- Guardians of the Galaxy — 4.5 stars
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 — 3.5 stars
- Avengers — 4 stars
- Avengers: Age of Ultron — 3.5 stars
- Avengers: Infinity War — 5 stars
- Avengers: Endgame — 5 stars
- Black Widow — 4 stars
- Review: The Darkness Outside Us by Eliot Schrefer
- Review: The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid
- Review: Flash Fire by TJ Klune
How was your July? How many books did you read? Did you find a new favourite? Let me know!