I hope everyone’s staying safe at the moment!
How is everything going with you? I live in the state of Victoria in Australia, and we are the one state who can’t seem to get control of the virus. All other states have closed their borders to us and 36 suburbs have been forced back into lockdown — thankfully, my suburb hasn’t, but I live in between many suburbs that have … one of which is where I work. Basically, no one is allowed in or out of these suburbs except for work and that’s it. It’s kind of terrifying 😅. But we’ll get through it!
10 reads: 5 audiobooks, 3 books, 1 novella, 1 graphic novel
Book of the month
I loved the final book in the Daevabad series! It ended perfectly in my opinion, with the potential for a romance between two of my favourite characters to develop after the series. Everything was tied up perfectly, and I hope Chakraborty writes a short story/novella about Jamshid and Muntadhir!
ARCs received/books bought
This month, I rewatched Avatar: The Last Airbender which is the fifth (?) time I’ve watched the entire series from start to finish. I rewatched it again because I saw so many people on twitter watching it for the first time after it was put on the American Netflix, and I got FOMO … even though I’ve already watched it haha.
I also just recently bought a Nintendo Switch and I love it! I’ve been playing Animal Crossing and Lego: Harry Potter non-stop. I’ve also bought Oxenfree which I plan to play soon! Please give me any game recommendations!
I also started re-listening to the Witch, Please podcast, which is one of the best podcasts I’ve listened to. It’s about two professors who read the Harry Potter books and watch the movies and then analyse them and discuss! As they’re professors, they go deep into the analysis and its so fascinating. And don’t worry, they are not hardcore J.K. Rowling fans, and criticise her many times.
And lastly, I’ve been LOVING Blackpink’s new song How You Like That? And the video clip is awesome, I love these girls so much
Great posts from the community
- My amazing friend Steffy @ Little Booky Nook wrote some amazing posts this month, but my favourites are A Review: Tian Guan Ci Fu (which is one of my favourite books), and My Favourite Characters and Their Theme Songs
- Rach from @ Anxious Nachos posted an LGBTQ+ post every day this month for Pride Month and it was great! My favourite posts are Retellings but make it gay, and 2 Fast 2 Tropey
- Anna and Charlotte @ Reads Rainbow wrote up an amazing post of book recommendations based on Gilbert Baker’s pride flag
- In this awesome post, Nadwa @ Painfully Fictional lists her favourite KDramas (which I’ve really wanted to get into!)
- Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads lists her top 5 favourite F/F relationships
- Aria @ Book Nook Bits reread the entire Heroes of Olympus series in a week and recorded her thoughts in a post
- Kay @ Hammock of Books discussed reclaiming Harry Potter from J.K. Rowling
Looking forward: July
The fact that it’s July today disgusts me. How?!?! It still feels like April!
Reviews to come:
- The Memory of Souls by Jenn Lyons
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller