Hope everyone is staying safe and sane during this time! I saw this original tag over on Allonsythornraxxbooks‘s blog and it looks like so much fun!
I’m also spending a lot of time at home so this is another great reason to take part in this tag.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1) What are you currently reading?
I’m buddy reading these two books with some friends! The Memory of Souls with Ash @ Wild Heart Reads and City of Bones with @ Lost in Weep! I’ve read City of Bones twice before, so I already know I love it. And Ash and I are reading an ARC of The Memory of Souls, which is the third book in the A Chorus of Dragons series that is coming out August this year. Loving it so far!
2) What’s your favourite ‘can’t-leave-the-house’ activity?
I actually haven’t been doing much aside from reading, but I have been cooking a bit more which is fun. I’ve been making zippole (a Calabrese — from Southern Italy — savoury doughnut) and it’s always delicious.
I’ve also been watching way too much of Modern Family and I don’t know why. I’m currently up to season 6, I literally binged it within a week hehe.
3) A book you’ve been meaning to read for forever
I still can’t believe I haven’t read this book yet, it’s been on my TBR since it came out last year!
4) An intimidating book on your tbr
I want to read this book so bad, but I’m also terrified of it. I’ve heard it will absolutely destroy me so I don’t want to even look at it, but also I do.
5) Top 3 priority books on your tbr
- Bonds of Brass: This book is basically a fanfic of Finn and Poe from Star Wars and I’m down.
- Shadow of the Wind: I only recently added this book to my TBR but I want to read it ASAP. It’s about a young boy who reads a great book and tries to find more books by the same author but discovers someone out there is destroying every book that author has written.
- The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System: This is the first book by MXTX, the author behind Mo Dao Zu Shi and Heaven’s Official Blessing. So keen for it!
6) Recommend a short book
- The Ruin of Gabriel Ashleigh: I’m going to scream at people until they read this novella! It’s only like 50 pages long but it features one of the best romances I’ve ever read. It’s about a young man in Regency England who accidentally gambles away his fortune and has to grovel to the man he lost it to. I adore this book!
- Seven Brief Lessons on Physics: This is one of my favourite books, because it’s so beautifully written. I want to write like this one day. It’s about seven important discoveries in physics summed up in 80 pages. My favourite is quantum theory (as unlikely as it is). The idea that our universe began from a preceding universe that had contracted under its own weight, like a black hole, until it was squeezed into a very small space and then exploded and re-expanded is so fascinating to me. It might be a good idea to learn something new during lockdown!
- Tell Them of Battles, Kings, and Elephants: This book is about Michelangelo’s time in Constantinople after he was invited by the Sultan to build a bridge — based on a true story, but written in a fictionalised way. Not many people remember this part of Michelangelo’s life, but it undoubtedly influenced his works, especially the Sistine Chapel. Such an amazing book, highly recommend!
7) Recommend a long book
- Mo Dao Zu Shi: The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivator Wei Wuxian was killed by other cultivator clans who were scared he was too powerful; thirteen years later, he is reincarnated and goes on an adventure with his old friend. This is over 1500 pages long, so have fun!
- Tiān Guān Cì Fú: His Royal Highness Xie Lian ascends to godhood twice but is kicked back down to earth twice as well. Now he ascends for a third time and ends up going on an adventure with his last believer, who just happens to be a dangerous Ghost King who is madly in love with him. This book is over 2000 pages long and it’s amazing!
- The Priory of the Orange Tree: An incredible feminist fantasy about Ead Duryan who is a mage and is sent to Inys to protect the queen there whose death is said to wake an apocalyptic dragon from slumber. This book is 800 pages long and it’s phenomenal!
8) Something you’d love to do while stuck at home
I want to make candles and soap, and I bought a kit to do so, but I needed to buy like a million other products to make it work and I’m not made of money. So I need to Google how to make soap and candles using homemade stuff without having to buy many products. If anyone has any tips, let me know!
9) What do you plan on reading next?
I’m reading this book for the Asian Readathon, and I’ve been meaning to read it for a really long time too! I’m so excited for it!
Hope you all have fun but please don’t feel obliged to take part if you don’t want to!