Can you believe January is finally over? It felt so long, I actually can’t believe it’s finally over!
I didn’t do much this month. Just worked a lot, slept a lot and read a lot of books — as per usual. But I’m still so tired from Christmas because I haven’t had any time off of work, and I’m sorely looking forward to my two weeks off next week — even though the reason I’m having time off is because I’m having surgery lol.
Anyway, let’s see how I went this month!
Books read: 8 books (4 rereads), 2 audiobooks, 1 short story, 1 manga
Book of the month:
It’s the beginning of a new year and I have two books of the month! Woo!
The House in the Cerulean Sea is an incredibly soft novel about queer love and choosing your own family. I adore all the characters in this book, but I think Chauncey has a special place in my heart. He’s a small unidentifiable green blob and he’s the sweetest character I’ve ever read. His dream job is to be a bellhop because — wait for it — they help people and he wants to help people. My heart 😭.
I was so surprised by how much I loved Call Down the Hawk because I have a bit of an issue with Stiefvater’s books. But oh gosh was this a masterpiece! I love how amazingly the plot developed, I loved the new characters, and I loved the soft romance between Adam and Ronan, and between Declan and Jordan. Can’t wait for the next book in this trilogy.
- Best books of 2019
- My 2019 in books and blogging
- 2019 bookish stats
- 2020 reading goals
- My unpopular Harry Potter opinions
- Flip the page book challenge
- F/F Feb TBR
Books I bought / got for free from library sales and little library
This month, I surprisingly watched a lot of movies — which is not something I do often because I can’t concentrate for very long lol.
- I watched Parasite which was amazing! I was tense from start to finish while watching this film and highly recommend it!
- I also watched Little Women which was FANTASTIC. Holy hell, you all need to watch this incredible movie! I cried so much!
- Then I watched Arrival which has been on my to watch list for a while, and it was only ok. It was pretty interesting but went on for way too long.
- I rewatched The Hunchback of Notre Dame which I haven’t watched since I was a child. Damn it was better than I remembered and the art was beautifully done.
- My family and I watched Tag together which was hilarious! Seriously I almost peed myself laughing and would watch this film again in a heartbeat.
- And finally I watched The Addams Family because I’ve wanted to watch it for years! And it was pretty good. I really love Morticia Addams.
- I rewatched all three season of Avatar: The Last Airbdender because I love it so much! I adore these kids so much
- I watched season 6 of Grace and Frankie which was great but I’m glad the next season will be the last one. I will miss this show
- The Witcher was FANTASTIC! Not as good as Game of Thrones, because nothing is, but still great. Yennefer was my favourite character, I adore her.
- I watched Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez which I didn’t enjoy. The documentary focused on too many different things and didn’t provide any diffnitive answers. I also didn’t like how much of a focus the documentary had on his sexuality and trying to figure it out.
How was your January? Did you read any good books, or watch any great shows/movies? Let me know!