Today I’m bringing a really awesome book tag that I found … in my drafts because it takes me ages to get to them. 😅 It’s called Shelfie By Shelfie and basically you take a photo of one of your shelves and answer questions about it!
This tag was originally created by Bibliobeth!
1. Is there any reason for this shelf being organised the way it is or is it purely random?
It’s colour coordinated! I’ve tried to organise my shelves by author surname in the past, but I just don’t like it. Colour all the way!
Books on this shelf:
- Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu
- White Road by Lynn Flewelling
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Penguin Drop Caps)
- Ravensong by TJ Klune
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Vintage Classics edition)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Popular Penguin Breast Cancer Foundation edition 2015)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Arcturus 2017)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Word Cloud Classics)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Hinkler edition 2019)
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman
- Docile by K.M. Szpara
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Penguin English Library edition)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Popular Penguin edition 2008)
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- The Persian Boy by Mary Renault
- Wolfsong by TJ Klune
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
2. Tell us a story about one of the books on this shelf that is special to you i.e. how you got it/a memory associated with it, etc.
Docile is pretty special to me! It’s an ARC of a book that isn’t coming out until March 2020, and it’s also super hard to get your hands on, so I’m so excited that I have a copy!
Heartstopper is also pretty special to me because it’s the kickstarter copy that is signed by Alice Oseman! My friend has a copy of the Harper Collins version and she’s says its not as well produced as the kickstarter one!
3. Which book from this shelf would you ditch if you were forced to and why?
Carry On and that’s only because I don’t like the cover and want to get the Kevin Wada designed cover instead 😅. I still love the book. I have the yellow/blue cover and am desperate for the purple cover!
4. Which book from this shelf would you save in an emergency and why?
Probably Docile because it’s not out for months and I can’t buy a copy to replace it like I can the others.
5. Which book has been on this shelf for the longest time?
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon! I think I’ve had it since the book first came out and only got around to reading it this year.
6. Which book is the newest addition to this shelf?
Check, Please! I bought the graphic novel at Comic Con a couple of months ago.
7. Which book from this shelf are you most excited to read (or re-read if this is a favourites shelf?)
I’ve read almost all of the books on this shelf, so I’m going to pick a reread: Docile by K.M. Szpara. I want to read it again so I can write my review, but also because I can’t stop thinking about it.
8. If there is an object on this shelf apart from books, tell us the story behind it.
Oh I had objects on this shelf but I took them off to take a photo! Anyway, the objects are small jars filled with sand from Jordan, Egypt and Israel. My mum’s best friend traveled to these countries a few years ago and brought the sand back for me! The sand from Egypt came from right near the Great Pyramid of Giza 😭. The history nerd in me is so excited!
9. What does this shelf tell us about you as a reader?
That I like Pride and Prejudice way too much.
10. Choose other bloggers to tag or choose a free question you make up yourself.
- Steffy @ Little Booky Nook
- Ash @ Wild Heart Reads
- Carol @ Writing Bookish Notes
- Flavia @ Flavia the Bibliophile
- Mandy @ Book Princess Reviews
- Melanie @ Mel to the Any