I’ve been tagged! Yay! Been a while since I’ve done a tag — actually its been a while since I’ve posted on this blog — so I’m glad to be back!
Thank you so much to Caidyn @ BW Reviews for tagging me! Everyone please go check out his wonderful blog!
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Most of my family calls me Laur, but some people at work call me Laurz. My aunt calls me Laura Belle which I love (Belle is not my middle name, my middle name is Bianca. I think she calls me this because like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, I’m a bookworm 🙈).
I don’t know, its hard to make a nickname when my first name only has five letters! I prefer for people to just call me Laura.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I don’t doodle that much? When I was studying for uni and I’d get bored, I’d start drawing alien heads, and writing my name over and over again. I don’t think I was paying proper attention to detail though.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I usually watch YouTube videos until I fall asleep. I watch videos that make me tried, like slime ASMR, soap cutting, or listening to sounds of rain and thunder. I always fall asleep after watching one of these videos, so try it if you find yourself unable to sleep!
Sometimes these videos have super annoying music in the background which don’t relax you at all, so if it does, turn the sound off!
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
Both? I can be very talkative with people I know, but with strangers or people I’m uncomfortable around I’m pretty quiet.
5. What makes you cry?
Usually, kids movies (like cartoons, I don’t know why), sad books; sometimes when I’m really stressed, or when my period pain gets really bad. I’m not usually a crier over things that happen to me, I tend to only cry when it comes to movies or something.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who aren’t considerate. This sounds weird, but people who only care about themselves piss me the fuck off. This is people who don’t put their indicator on when they’re merging lanes in the car, or four people who walk in a line really slowly in front of you. Things like that really annoy me. Also the other day a coworker was eating her dinner and made all these gross chewing noises that made me sick — I even had my headphones in and was listening to an audiobook and I could still hear her! Anyway, all of my pet peeves involve other people. Clearly, I’m an introvert.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Usually once, or whenever I change my outfit. Just to make sure what I’m wearing looks good.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
My mum and grandmother told me that if I made a weird face, the wind will change and my face will stay like that forever. Yeah, lmao.
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
I don’t really have a guilty pleasure? And I kinda hate that term. If someone genuinely enjoys something, and it’s not harming them or anyone else, why should it be a “guilty” pleasure. There should be no guilt involved.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
My friend Ashley. She really goes out of her way to help people, and everyone always goes to her when they need support, advice or help.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
I don’t. I get my news from online, like Twitter. And when I want to read more about some piece of news, I use Google News.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Don’t laugh, but dogs. I was bitten by a dog as a child and although I’ve gotten a lot better at dealing with that fear, sometimes big dogs that jump on you freak me out. A big dog that minds its business doesn’t bother me, and little dogs are fine (sometimes).
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
I guess engage. I’m someone who hates conflict, but if it comes down to it, I prefer to talk honestly with someone then avoid the reason why we’re angry.
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
My coworker said I had nice eyebrows. And my friend said my butt was hot.
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
Usually something that has to do with my bisexuality, like “but how do you know you’re bi?” Ugh, go away.
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Pigeon! Yeah, I ate pigeon when I was Fiesole in Tuscany, Italy. My family and I went to a New Years Eve dinner at a fancy restaurant*** — it was a seven course meal, and the risotto came with pigeon, which was actually really nice. I’ve also eaten snails in Paris, but I feel like that’s not that strange anymore, because many people eat snails. Definitely not as weird as pigeon.
***Fun fact: we didn’t actually mean to go to this restaurant. We were staying at a hotel outside of Florence in Fiesole and the receptionist told us that if we had no NYE plans, the hotel put on a family dinner downstairs. So we went out for the day and then went back to the hotel and booked a table, but the receptionist was a different person now and was confused by our request. Hours later, we were taken upstairs to a super fancy restaurant and realised that second receptionist had misunderstood us: we wanted to join the family dinner and were taken to the more expensive dinner upstairs. Oh, well. It was good food!
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
Close friends! I’m not someone who needs to be surrounded by heaps of people all the time. I much prefer being around people who genuinely love me and who I love in return.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
Do swear words count? Because then “fuck.”
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
Oh this is hard! I would have to say Edinburgh. My sister and I travelled there a few years back and we spent four days there, and I adored every second of my time there. I want to live there!
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Hmm. I’ve always liked Isabelle. I’ve actually earmarked this name for if I ever have a daughter. Fun fact: this was one of the names my parents were thinking about naming me, but they eventually went with Laura which I think suits me more.
21. When was the last time you lied?
I don’t know? I try my hardest not to lie, to be honest.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
How stupid customers are.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
First person who explores a planet! I’ve always wanted to be an astronaut and go into space, but I’m not that great when it comes to science. Anyway, a girl can dream.
24. What is your favourite amateur activity?
Walking? I like going for small hikes every few days. I’m not a good hiker, but there’s a walking track behind my house that has hills and follows a river. It’s quite lovely.
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
“I don’t want to go to work, should I call in sick?”
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)?
I’ve been non-stop listening to Beyonce’s Homecoming album and Diva is by far my favourite song on there! I also love Drunk in Love, Crazy in Love, Single Ladies, Feeling Myself, Formation and Soldier.
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
- Stubborn af
- Low-key annoying (as all little brothers are)
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
Oscar Wilde! I absolutely adore this man. I would ask him by he took his lover’s father to court for libel. Some people certainly believed the Marquess of Queensberry accusations that Oscar was queer, but not that many. Also, he was “guilty” (as in, queer) so why go through with the case knowing there’s a good chance he’d go to jail? Makes no sense!
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
None, I don’t think? I’ve never had anyone tell me that I look like a celebrity.
30. What do you want me to know?
Did you know that Pluto is smaller than the US? If you were to walk the length of it, it will take you roughly the same amount of time to walk from London to Denver (90km/56 miles).
And anyone else who wants to do this tag!