At the beginning of the year, I committed to three 2018 reading challenges, plus one challenge I kind created myself, along with the annual Goodreads one. So five all up.
This post is to check in at the three month point to see how well I am progressing through the challenges! So far, I’m happy with my progress.
2018 Badass Books Reading Challenge Hosted by Mellisa Hawkins
I’m steadily making my way through this challenge! So far, I’ve read 5 of the 18 books in this challenge! That includes:
- A book published in 2018: Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi ★★★★.5
(My choice for this category has changed because the previous one was Down by Contact by Santino Hassell and since his scandal, I don’t want to support him anymore.)
- A book published the year you were born: The Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou by Maya Angelou ★★★★
- A funny book: My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows ★★★★
- An award-winning book: Radio Silence by Alice Oseman ★★★★★
- A book that will make you smarter: The Secret History by Donna Tartt ★★★★★
2018 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge Hosted by Celebrity Readers
I’ve earned a badge for this reading challenge by finishing 3 series! YAY!! That’s:
- These Vicious Masks trilogy by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas – I read These Vengeful Souls, the third and final book in the series
- The Camellia Clock Cycle duology by Taylor Brooke – I read Curved Horizon, the last book in the duology
- The Lady Janies series by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows – I read My Plain Jane; although the final book doesn’t come out till 2020, I’m caught up and, according to the rules of this challenge, I can include this
I’m still waiting for quite a few of the books on my TBR to be released, so I haven’t had the chance to finish as many series as I’d like.
2018 Netgalley and Edelweiss Challenge Hosted by Bookish Things and More
So this is the one challenge where I’m really kicking ass in because for all of January and February, all I read was ARCs. I’ve read:
- Indigo Blue by Jessica Watson
- Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce
- The Love Song of Sawyer Bell by Avon Gale
- White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in This One by Amanda Lovelace
- Contour by Meg Harding
- Sweethearts by Gemma Gilmore
- Curved Horizon by Taylor Brooke
- Seduction on the Slopes by Tamsen Parker
- Fire on the Ice by Tamsen Parker
- Just Here for the Pain by K.A. Merikan
- Point of Contact by Melanie Hansen
- Undiscovered Affinity by Jane Hardee
- Syncopation by Anna Zabo
- Bishop’s Move by Santino Hassell and Piper Vaughn
- A Heart To Call Home by Jeannie Levig
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows
- Kim Reaper Vol. 1: Grim Beginnings by Sarah Graley
- The Lost Path by Amélie Fléchais
THAT’S 19 BOOKS 💪🏼 So that means I’m on the BRONZE LEVEL (10 BOOKS) and am only 6 books away from the Silver Level (25 books)! I should definitely be able to reach the next level by the next check-in, around July.
MY OWN SORT-OF CHALLENGE: #LoveOzYA
I’ve only read TWO #LoveOzYA book in the past three months but nothing that was on my actual #LoveOzYA TBR 😰. I chalk this up to the fact that I’ve read so many ARCs and haven’t had the chance to read any other books, except for during March where I had to create a damn challenge to stop myself from reading ARCs.
The books I read were:
Hopefully by the time the next check-in happens in July, I’ll have read more!
At the start of the year, I set myself a goal of reading 100 books this year. So far, I’ve read:
That’s an insane amount of books, especially considering that last year it took me till August to read 50 books and this year it only took me till March 😂.