Here’s how it works
- Link back to my (BookBum’s) original post, so I can see all your answers! (Remember to do this via pingback, I don’t get notified if you just tag my url)
- Thank the person(s) who tagged you… show some love!
- Come up with your answers
- Then tag others to keep the tag going!
Premise of Desert Island Discs
You are cast away onto a remote island:
- You can bring 5 albums, what are they?
- You can bring ONE book (not including The Bible (or other appropriate religious texts) or The Complete Works of Shakespeare, as they are already provided and NO SERIES), what ONE book is it?
- You can have one luxury item (it has to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island), what is it?
The five albums:
Born this Way by Lady Gaga
I absolutely adore Lady Gaga. I remember when this first came out, I listened to it non-stop and I would probably listen to this album on repeat if I were on a deserted island.
Favourite song: Marry the Night
Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds
This album changed my life. Every song is about the different stereotypes of women and how to find your own identity. Truly amazing stuff. I still can’t get over it.
Favourite song: Homewrecker
Ceremonials by Florence + the Machine
It was so hard to choose a favourite album by Florence, but I eventually chose Ceremonials because every song is just so beautiful and meaningful.
Favourite song: Spectrum
La La Land Soundtrack by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
This is my favourite movie of all time. It’s beautiful, touching and so uplifting. I love all of the songs and the message the movie promotes. It will be a timeless classic one day, of that I’m sure.
Favourite song: Another Day of Sun
Heathers The Musical Soundtrack by Kevin Murphy and Laurence O’Keefe
My favourite musical is Heathers, based on the cult classic 80s film of the same name. This musical has not only the best songs ever, but the best dialogue and plot too. If you ever get the chance to watch the musical, please do! It’s like Mean Girls but set in the 80s and with murder. In the meantime, YouTube has the entire soundtrack on there and it’s incredible.
Favourite song: Dead Girl Walking
This will come as no surprise to anyone, but Pride and Prejudice! This is my all time favourite book and I can’t even remember how many times I’ve read it. Will bring this book with me in a heartbeat!
My Pride and Prejudice blanket that I got as a birthday present from my friends! It’s probably a good idea to bring a blanket with me on a deserted island – it would keep me warm at night. And it’s so pretty!
Hope you guys have fun completing the tag! Please don’t feel obliged to do it, or have done it before ❤