Thank you very much to the amazing Maya @thebookdragon1017 for nominating me for this award! Every one, please go check out Maya’s wonderful blog! She writes fantastic reviews and she’s such a lovely person, too!
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- What is one quote you try to live by?
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
This quote by Oscar Wilde reminds me that no matter how difficult life may get, there is always a way to pull yourself out of the darkness . You can’t just get angry at the world – you need to actively take a part in your own personal destiny.
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
Sounds cliche, but a book in my handbag! I don’t leave home without a novel in my bag, even if I know I won’t have time to read wherever I am going. If I don’t have a book around me, I feel lost!
- What motivates you?
Time. I am terrible at timekeeping – I honestly arrive somewhere half an hour later than I am meant to – so when I know I have a deadline, the anxiety forces me to get the job done. It’s probably not the best way to live, but it works for me!
- Choose a fictional character to be your best friend for life.
Oh my goodness, this is so hard! At first I was going to choose one of Sarah J. Maas’ characters, but I think I’d get sick of them too quickly (you have to admit, they’re pretty selfish people). I finally decided on Percy Jackson as I have recently been reading that series. Percy is such a loving, loyal friend – he sacrifices so much for those he loves. His friendship is literally his fatal flaw! I would definitely want him in my corner.
- Do you have any unusual obsessions or habits?
I am a massive conspiracy theorist (don’t hold that against me). I am convinced that aliens are 100% real and no one will ever persuade me otherwise. Primarily, I love reading about silly theories that may be real, because it makes me feel that if such a thing were real, I would finally get the chance to live in a fictional world. Also, I bite my nails.
- Did you ever have an invisible friend?
No, but I had many characters in my head that I would talk to (for context, I was like 5).
- Pick one fictional monster you’d want as a pet.
The Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant from the T.V. Show Adventure Time. I’m not completely sure what it does, all I know is you have to let it give you control. It’s also telepathic, because why not. I laughed non-stop when the Elephant first appeared on the show.
- If you took over the world, who would you kill first and why?
Whoa, this is dark. I’d probably get my Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant to kill off the top 1% of rich people who hoard money to themselves. I’m talking like the tiny amount of billionaires who don’t care for anyone but themselves. Then, I’d steal their money and pull a Robin Hood.
- The world is about to end, what is the last thing you’d do if you had the chance?
If the world is ending due to an alien invasion, I would probably offer myself as a servant to our new alien overlords. Otherwise, I would crack open a beer, sit on the hood of my car and hang out with the people I care about the most.
- What do you notice first in people you meet?
Whether or not they are genuine. I don’t know how to describe this, but you can just tell sometimes whether a person is fake or not. I have a pretty good ability to detect that. I steer clear of those type of people.
- What is your favourite post you’ve done on your blog?
It’s a tie between Banned Books Week and my review of The Rose Society by Marie Lu. I chose Banned Books Week because I did so much research for that one post. I think The Rose Society is one of my best reviews because I loved the novel so much and I think that comes across in my writing.
- What is a film you hated and why?
- Would you rather read a paperback, hardback, e-book, or listen to an audio-book?
- What country/city would you love to live in?
- What is the best way to spend the day?
- If you could choose anyone in history, who would you marry?
- Would you rather travel back in time or into the future?
- What is a book genre that you hate reading?
- If you were a ghost, who would you haunt and why?
- What is your dream job?
- Who is the worst fictional character ever?
- What magical creature would you wish to be?
I hope you guys have as much fun as I did answering these questions! 😀